Mrs. Moorhead's Social Studies Webpage
Hello 8-3 students and families :) I am so excited to meet and get to know all of you this year.
This year marks my 11th year teaching 8th grade Social Studies at Memorial School. While this year is certainly going to be unlike any other, I am fully committed to making this year as interesting and exciting regardless of whether I see you in class or through the computer! My mission as a history teacher has, and always will be, to debunk the myth that history is boring- that couldn't be further from the truth and I intend to prove it!
Something I find truly fascinating about this year is that while we will be studying United States history, we will also be living it!
Topics of Study
- Native Americans
- European Exploration and Colonization of the Americas
- Life in the 13 Original Colonies
- The Road to the American Revolution
- The Declaration of Indpendence
- The Revolutionary war
- Creating a Government- The US Constitution and Bill of Rights
- Early Politcal Parties (Jefferson vs. Hamilton)
*There will also be a unit on financial literacy and a writing unit- timing is TBD*
- A binder or section of a binder for Social Studies only
- Colored pencils
- Index cards
Always check Google Classroom!