Thank you so much for visiting my website!
Please use the links at left to visit information about myself and our 8th grade social studies class.
General Information About Our Social Studies Classroom
Students will need a charged chrome book, a binder/section of a binder for social studies, paper, and writing utensils. Our textbook this year is United States History : American Stories. Students will receive digital access to the textbook within the first few days of school; there is a set of hard-copy textbooks in the classroom for student use as well.
Students will be learning about early North American history this year (though we will start the year with a unit on Careers). In general, the units are as follows :
- Native Americans
- European Exploration of the Americas
- Colonial America
- Road to Revolution
- Revolutionary War
- Creating the Constitution
- The US Constitution (Three branches of government and Bill of Rights)
- Early and Modern Political Parties
- Early and Modern Foreign Policy
- US Expansion West
- Antebellum North and South
- Road to the Civil War
- Civil War
While learning about the above topics, students will be learning/practicing/mastering the following skills/topics :
- Fact and Opinion
- Primary and Secondary Sources
- Research Skills
- Essay-Writing Skills